Monday, February 9, 2009


This isn't exactly Christian movie related, but I wanted to share an interesting story.

DMX, aka Earl Simmons, says that he wants to start a television outreach program and eventually preach from the pulpit.  He says he wants to "reach people that the average person can’t reach."   

The article goes on to say:

"I came here to meet somebody,” said the rapper. “Don't know who it was, but I’ll know when I see him. And I came here to give him a message. And that message is Jesus loves them."

For those familiar with DMX, the rapper's latest statements sound not too different from what he claimed in March 2003, when he said he planned to retire from rap and turn to preaching.
What most will likely find odd, however, is the explanation he offers in defense of the profane and violent lyrics that lace his songs and how he even encourages his children to listen to them.

"It's just slick talk; it's not something to be taken literally. Evidently, if I was doing that, I wouldn't be rapping,” he said."

DMX is currently serving a 90 day jail sentence.  Lets hope he's serious.  I'd love to see DMX team up with a guy from England or Australia or New Zealand & do something akin to Kirk Cameron's "Way of the Master."
(Christian Post)





Support the SuperCandid Podcast by shopping through these links!
Netflix, Inc.Apple iTunes
Powered by FeedBurner


No comments: