Thursday, August 28, 2008

SuperCandid Shorts: Battlefield Part 1

Slow week in Christian movie news, so I'm only posting stuff every other day.  Its either that, or you'd be getting me ranting about people in the Arts and Faith forums posting ridiculous rumors and arguing over the validity of fake movie news.

But today, I do have a bit of good news:  an honest to goodness review!  I'm reviewing a short film called "Battlefield Part 1."  I found this through a post on Yahoo's Christian Filmmaker Forum, and it is quite good.  I like the effects, the acting is better than acceptable, and the concept is engaging.  Most of all, this is a brief idea, done well and not overly drawn out.  Bravo!  Watch it below, or go to the official site to download it in High Def.  The only negative I have, and it's not really a negative, is that it is highly reminiscent of the famous Halo 3 ads, which I've put underneath it.  They both use the same Chopin music, but the similarities go beyond that.  Judge for yourself.

Oh, one last thing.  I'm all for good firearm safety, but for a war movie you really shouldn't have a close-up that show the bolt of a rifle locked to the rear.  But enough nit picking!  I like it, I'd like to see more, and I'm looking forward to more from this filmmaker.  I'd love to see Battlefield Part 2.  

Battlefield: Chapter One from Daros Films on Vimeo.



(Forum Post)
(Official Site)

Subscribe to the SuperCandid Podcast, the number 1 podcast for Christian movies

SuperCandid - The SuperCandid Podcast - The SuperCandid Podcast

Subscribe to the SuperCandid Blog



Save This Page Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: