Monday, March 31, 2008

Alternative Christian Writers Workshop

On a more wordy subject today, I have a couple of story deconstruction of the Bible from the Alternative Christian Writer's Workshop.   I've never heard of it before either, but it seems like a cool idea, especially considering some of the work that apparently has come out of it.

The second, which I found more enjoyable and more related to scriptwriting, is an breakdown of God's command to Abraham to sacrifice Isaac.  This one is a bit older, over a year now, but it is liked to from the first post and presents this story in a new and fresh light.  It even caused me to re-consider some notions I had about this particular incident in the Bible.  This powerfully illustrates the value of an exercise for writers, and I would love to see this particular take on Abraham made into a film.  This one essay has more spiritual depth and insight than almost any film we've reviewed here.
Be warned, those who don't like literary analysis of the Bible will not like these.   (Digital Cinema Forum) Save This Page Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: