Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Love Dare Part 25: Letting Go

Whatever you haven't forgiven in your mate, forgive it today.  Let it go.  Just as we ask Jesus to "forgive us our debts" each day, we must ask Him to help us "forgive our debtors" each day as well.  Unforgiveness has been keeping you and your spouse in prison too long.  Say from your heart, "I choose to forgive."
This one was easy for me, because I'm not going around bearing long standing grudges against my wife.  I can see how it would be hard, but for us at least it was a nice reprieve.  I don't have any grudges.  Sure, she does some things that bother me, and sure, she makes me mad, hurts my feelings, drives me crazy.  But so does everyone I love.

The hardest thing to forgive is that they just keep driving you out of your mind and you love them, so you can't just say "eff-you" & walk away.  You're committed, stuck, in for the long haul.  Unfortunatly, that means they'll keep hurting you.  And you'll keep hurting them.

The forgiveness you need isn't a one off, "let's get over this" kind of thing.  It's not about some old grudge.  It's daily.  It's forgiveness that needs to be given each and every day, forever.  Because it will always be needed.

Just like another kind of forgiveness that comes to mind.

I totally figured out the real agenda of this book a long time ago, and it is NOT to help people who's marriages are going through rough times.  Not ordinary rough times anyway.  This book is for marriages that are already all but dead.  Spoilers, sorry.

Buy The Love Dare at Amazon.

Email us at supercandid at gmail dot com



Support the SuperCandid Podcast by shopping through these links! Netflix, Inc.Apple iTunes Powered by FeedBurner

No comments: