Thursday, February 14, 2008

T.L. Higley writes Shadow of the Colossus


One of the best video games I ever played was Shadow of the Colossus for the PS2. It was an epic game of adventure and heroism, a battle between the small, weak hero and 16 of the most awe-inspiring creatures ever created. It may have been short, but it was a completely involving experience, invoking wonder, terror and sadness in its brief time. It is unlike any other video game I have ever played, and ranks right up there with reading the Lord of the Rings in terms of great experiences in my life. I'll never forget it.

So, you can imagine my excitement when I saw that TitleTrakk Book's had an article about a new book entitled Shadow of Colossus. I immediately clicked through the link to see why a Christian book site would be talking about a cool book like that. As soon as I got there, I realized it wasn't what I was hoping for. This is not an epic poem that re-tells the great quest of The Wanderer and Argo. This is a Christian romance novel, the first in a series based around the Seven Wonders of the World I gather.

Not the worst idea for historical romance, although I do wonder how they will weave a Christian romance around the
Mausoleum of Maussollos at Halicarnassus wonder. But you have to give T.L. Higley credit for stealing a great title.

Just don't tell Sony.

(TitleTrakk Books)

Save This Page Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: