Thursday, April 3, 2008

Buddy Guard has a trailer!

Remember Buddy Guard?  No?  Shame on you for not keeping tabs on new Christian movies.   Fortunately, you have us to do that for you, so no need to worry.  

Buddy Guard is complete, and has started screening at theatres, possibly near you!  I thought you all might like to see the trailer, so I've embeded it below.  
Personally, the trailer just feels too long to me, and I don't really get a good sense of what motivates the main character, or what the heck is going on with the plot.  Still, I think it looks like it has a good message and I admire any independent filmmaker who is able to get a film to theatres.  I've sent an email out regarding a screener, so maybe we can get a review soon.  
Also on Youtube are a couple of interesting supplemental trailers for the film.  One for pastors, the other for congregations.  The director, David Clevenger, addresses the viewer directly and makes the case for the film's positive values.  
(Buddy Guard Home Page) Save This Page Add to Technorati Favorites

2 comments:

Don said...

Good night... that was LONG.

Unknown said...

oh. my. word.

too bad they showed all the fighting scenes in the trailer :-(