Thursday, August 16, 2007

The first time I've cracked a book in ages...

I found an interesting book in our store this week, The Bible on the Big Screenby J. Stephen Lang. He gives a 'Leonard-Maltin-ish' take on EVERY bible based movie ever released commercially. I think his first review dates all the way back to 1912, though he cites films from the 1800's as well. It was released on August 1st, so it's still available at 'new release' prices. I haven't had a whole lot of time to dig through it, but it reads very comically and has tons of interesting information. Worth a look. Save This Page Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, this is a neat book, very entertaining, probably could be good as a reference book too. I thought it was interesting that even back in the 1920s, movies about Jesus were criticized for being too 'violent' and 'anti-Semitic.' I guess nothing changes, does it?