Friday, January 4, 2008

Thinking about Facing the Giants

You might recall our first episode, a review of Facing the Giants. Well, our next episode, which we just got in the bag, is a review of Flywheel, the first film from the Kendrick brothers and Sherwood Pictures. In preparation of the episode, which should be posted within the next couple days, I wanted to link to an article about Facing the Giants. The article mentions several of the criticisms that I complained about when we first reviewed the film, but it also tempers that with the author's own comments from viewing the film for themselves. I have to say that I might have been too harsh on Facing the Giants, if only because I hadn't seen the true spectrum of Christian Cinema when I saw it. I still have a lot of problems with it, but only because I can see that the Kendrick brothers have more talent between them than most of the rest of the Christian film industry combined, and I'd like to see them use to its best potential. Here's hoping that Fireproof is another step in the right direction! Save This Page Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: