Monday, March 16, 2009

What would People Say if the Found out we were Jesus People?

First off, if you're not watching Kings on NBC, you're missing out. Sure, it's no Battlestar Galactica, but it does remind me of it in a good way. I especially like that it doesn't shy away from talking about God, even if the people aren't really Jewish. Full episodes aren't online yet, but I'm sure they will be soon. I also have to say I like, in a ridiculous way, that NBC is apparently promoting Kings by using advertising modeled on their sitcoms. "When he's not charming the ladies, David Shepard is smooth talking the King. What will this guy do next?!" Wait, what? Today I wanted to tell everyone about Jesus People. I had never heard of the show/improv group before, but Christianity Today had a story about a movie version, so I watched the original webisodes, and was hooked at once. It is a spot-on parody of Christian culture and Christian music in particular. I like the guy who leads the group(Joel McCrary - ed.) because he has a Seth Rogan type of voice and delivery, and is always being interrupted by everyone. I burst out laughing when someone suggests opening in prayer and then immediately jumps into a full-on hands up prayer without any warning. I'm going to finish watching the webisodes, and I'm now really looking forward to the movie version. Apparently it is touring film festivals already, so we can look forward to it soon! Based on the strength of the webisodes, the movie should be great. Jesus People Movie Trailer (Source - CT Movies) Email us at supercandid at gmail dot com



Support the SuperCandid Podcast by shopping through these links! Netflix, Inc.Apple iTunes Powered by FeedBurner

No comments: