Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Love Dare Part 10: Unusual

"Do something out of the ordinary today for your spouse - something that proves (to you and to them) that your love is based on your choice and nothing else. Wash her car. Clean the kitchen. Buy his favorite dessert. Fold the laundry. Demonstrate love to them for the sheer joy of being their partner in marriage."
I cooked dinner today. I know, I know, sounds pretty standard. But the hard part is that when I usually cook dinner it's something that Nicole hates. Or at least isn't excited about. I'm from the cooking school of frozen chicken breast + instant potatoes = good eats. Not Nicole. The first thing she did in our relationship was take over cooking dinner so that she didn't go crazy from the lack of variety in my meals.
But today I cooked one of her recipes. To be fair, she helped by telling me what to do. But I made sure she lay on the couch and relaxed while I did all the work. I just brought her stuff to taste and made adjustments according to her instruction.
All in all, the meal turned out pretty tasty too.
Email us at supercandid at gmail dot com

Support the SuperCandid Podcast by shopping through these links! Netflix, Inc.Apple iTunes Powered by FeedBurner

No comments: