Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Love Dare Part 7

The worst dare so far:
"For today's dare, get two sheets of paper. On the first one, spend a few minutes writing out positive things about your spouse. Then do the same with negative things on the second sheet. Place both sheets in a secret place for another day. There is a different purpose and plan for each. At some point during the remainder of the day, pick a positive attribute frm the first list and thank your spouse for having this characteristic."
This was just a terrible dare. The preface talked about having two rooms in your heart, calling them the Appreciation Room and the Depreciation Room. Kind of like the Room of Requirement, these are imaginary rooms that you go to when you have something nice or bad to say about your spouse. I did like what they said about the Depreciation Room:
"It's where ammunition is stored for the next big fight."
I guess calling them the rooms of Love & Hate would too trite.
Anyway, sitting down to write out a list of things I dislike about Nicole was not pleasant. I did the list of things I do like first, since I actually enjoyed that one. But dwelling upon things I didn't like about here was terrible. It was painful. Maybe that was the point, but the book sure didn't talk about it. When you're not in the moment of anger and hatred, focusing on these things about someone you love hurts. In that time of writing down the list, I knew how Nicole felt when I explode at her in anger and start harping on some minor point that I don't like about her.
Email us at supercandid at gmail dot com

Support the SuperCandid Podcast by shopping through these links! Netflix, Inc.Apple iTunes Powered by FeedBurner

No comments: