Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Love Dare Part. 3

Day 3: "Whatever you put your time, energy and money into will become more important to you. It's hard to care for something you are not investing in. Along with restraining from negative comments, buy your spouse something that says 'I was thinking of you today." This was the toughest one yet, since I was with Nicole all day today. I guess I could have ditched her to go shopping, but that seemed to defeat the point of "loving" her. So I compromised and bought her lunch, when we had been planning on going home to eat. We ate at one of her favorite places, The Range Cafe. I find it interesting that the "no negative comments" persists from day to day, but everything else is a one off. That should really be called the "Love Commandment" instead of part of a dare. I also find it interesting that today's dare presupposes that you aren't interested in your spouse. It assumes that you are more interested, and more financially invested, in something else(presumably your boat, to trade in stereotypes). I wonder if future dares will have you keep "investing" or if we'll move away from money onto something else. Buy your own copy of The Love Dare! Email us at supercandid at gmail dot com



Support the SuperCandid Podcast by shopping through these links! Netflix, Inc.Apple iTunes Powered by FeedBurner

No comments: