Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Love Dare Part 9: Hello again

What an odd dare today.
"Think of a specific way you'd like to greet your spouse today. Do it with a smile and with enthusiasm. Then determine to change your greeting to reflect your love for them."
How often do you consciously think about how you greet someone? Greetings are almost invisible to my ears, unless someone says something random like "top of the morning to ya guv'nor!" I had to think hard about how I normally greet Nicole, but I guess most of the time I say something along the lines of "Hey babes!" or "Hey my babies."
So today I switched it up with "Hello Darling," with a wink and a smile, I felt like we were a couple of grandparents from the 1940s. I'm not sure if I'm going to do it all the time. This dare seems more focused for people who address their spouse as "hey you," "what's up," or "hello shut up." I think my greeting is pretty good, considering how it is born out of our mutual shorthand.
Email us at supercandid at gmail dot com

Support the SuperCandid Podcast by shopping through these links! Netflix, Inc.Apple iTunes Powered by FeedBurner

No comments: